Trump earthquake causes Democrat tsunami
By Dr. Robert Owens
web posted May 23, 2016
It is not often that we get to witness a true phenomenon.
The Reagan Revolution was exciting but it was not a phenomenon. It was a carefully planned, long fought, and hard won battle between the Conservative wing and the Progressive wing of the Republican Party.
The Reagan Revolution began with The Speech by Ronaldos Maximus in support of Barry Goldwater delivered on a television program, Rendezvous with Destiny. It blossomed during his two successful terms as Governor of California, and sputtered a little in 1976 when he lost the nomination for President to Gerald Ford in the last contested convention in American History. Then after four years of hard grass roots work Reagan's followers, this author included in their ranks, captured the party from precinct captain to national chairman. The next eight years led to many successes, compromises, and a failure culminating in the party being handed over as a prize to George the First and the rest is History. The Bush dynasty ran the brand into the ground.
Enter The Donald. Now here is a phenomenon. The last time a non-politician came from nowhere to capture the nomination of one of the major parties was in 1940 when the so-called Miracle in Philadelphia brought about the surprise nomination of a life-long Democrat who mirrored FDR's positions on most important issues. He came in as a dark horse and through clever manipulation and behind the scenes machinations whisked the nomination out of the hands of the three top contenders: Senator Robert Taft of Ohio (the son of President William H. Taft), Senator Arthur Vandenberg of Michigan, and Manhattan District Attorney Thomas Dewey. Of course this was back in the day when there really were smoke filled backrooms and party bosses and long before primaries and State caucuses.
Here we are a life-time later and the ideological descendants of the Wilkie wonks after turning the Party of Reagan into Democrat Lite were planning on foisting another Bush on their unwilling base. Trump trumped them all. He knocked off one establishment straw man after another as well as the closest thing we will see to Reagan to stand unchallenged for the nomination. No grass roots organization, no army of K-Street consultants, hardly any advertising, just Trump. His triumph over everyone else who should have won is a true political phenomenon.
Now comes the general election at least once the Democrats stop the charade of Hillary losing her way to the nomination and hold their coronation of the Queen of Hearts.
Even relying on the yellow-dog Democrats, the dead Democrats who continue to vote, and the undocumented Democrats Hillary is going to face an uphill battle. When you consider she may be ethically challenged, personally cold, under threat of indictment, and bringing Slick Willy along her campaign strategy consists of convincing people that her opponent is worse. You can see she may not be the certainty the liberal media make her out to be.
Just look at her record. Everything she has accomplished has been because she said "I do" to Bubba. While he was playing hound dog and doing some government jobs on the side she was busy covering up his serial abuse of women and smoothing out the wrinkles from his frequent bimbo eruptions. Then after they left the White House, looting it on the way out the door, she ran for the Senate in a state where the Democrats own the vote. She spends a term and a half accomplishing nothing and is appointed as Secretary of State. The judgement of her tenure as America's leading diplomat has yet to be adjudicated. She is a poor campaigner at best. And she's bringing Bill back to the scene of his crimes. This is not the recipe for the Clinton Crime Family to recapture the capitol.
If that isn't enough we do have Hillary's top scandals as reported in World Net Daily(this is an abbreviated version):
1. Benghazi: Four American lives lost: On Sept. 11, 2012, while Hillary was secretary of state, Islamic militants attacked a U.S. special mission in Benghazi, Libya, and murdered U.S. Ambassador J. Christopher Stevens and U.S. Foreign Service Information Management officer Sean Smith. Two CIA contractors, Tyrone Woods and Glen Doherty, were also killed. In the months leading up to the attack, Hillary's State Department cut security in Libya. Sen. Ron Johnson, R-Wis., accused Hillary of "dereliction of duty" that led to the deaths of the four Americans. "The State Department not only failed to honor repeated requests for additional security, but instead actually reduced security in Libya," Johnson wrote in the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. "Although no one can say with certainty, I firmly believe a relatively small contingent of armed military guards would have prevented the attack, and those four lives would not have been lost." As WND reported, a security decision finalized personally by Hillary may have unwittingly doomed the Americans in Benghazi. Hillary herself signed waivers that allowed the facility to be legally occupied, since it did not meet the minimum official security standards set by the State Department. The waiver legally allowed the CIA annex to be housed in a location about one mile from the U.S. special mission. According to accounts from Benghazi survivors, the delayed response time by those at the CIA annex may have cost the lives of Stevens and the three other Americans killed at the special mission. If the CIA annex had been co-located with the U.S. special mission, a rapid response team would have been on site during the initial assault in which Stevens was killed. Clinton's waiver allowed the CIA annex to be housed at the separate location. As WND also reported, State Department emails show Clinton knew while the attack was under way that it was being carried out by terrorists. Judicial Watch has obtained previously classified documents from the U.S. Department of Defense and the Department of State revealing that DOD almost immediately reported that the attack on the U.S. Consulate in Benghazi, Libya, was planned and carried out by al-Qaida and Muslim Brotherhood-linked terrorists. A federal court ordered the government hand over more than 100 pages of previously secret documents that showed then-Secretary of State Hillary Clinton and other senior Obama officials were given reports within hours of the Sept. 11, 2012, attack. In those memos, the DOD described details of a plan 10 days in advance "to kill as many Americans as possible." Nonetheless, Hillary falsely blamed it on "rage and violence over an awful Internet video" when she spoke at a ceremony at Andrews Air Force Base on Sept. 14, 2012, as the remains of the four Americans were returned to the U.S.
2. Clintons turn IRS into ‘gestapo': Individuals singled out for audits during the administration included Clinton paramours Gennifer Flowers and Liz Ward Gracen, sexual assault accusers Paula Jones and Juanita Broaddrick, fired White House Travel Office Director Billy Dale and attorney Kent Masterson Brown. Fox News' Bill O'Reilly, an outspoken critic of both Bill and Hillary Clinton, said he was audited three times during the Clinton presidency. A 1996 survey by the Washington Times could not identify a single liberal public policy organization that had been audited during the entire Clinton administration.
3. Filegate: FBI files on GOP enemies: The Clinton duo was involved in a scandal known as "Filegate" in which they illegally obtained FBI files on perceived adversaries, most of whom served in previous Republican administrations. The scandal was first detected by the House Government Reform and Oversight Committee, which investigated the Clintons' Travelgate caper. The committee found that the FBI files had been improperly accessed by Craig Livingstone, a former bar bouncer Hillary had hired to work in the White House Counsel's Office. However, Hillary called the whole affair a "completely honest bureaucratic snafu."
4. Travelgate: The staff of the White House travel office was fired to make way for Clinton cronies, including Bill's 25-year-old cousin, who was reportedly promised the position of office director. Hillary allegedly fired seven employees and gave the positions to her Arkansas friends. According to the Washington Post, there was an effort to award a White House airline contract to a Clinton friend. Also, Hillary reportedly had the FBI investigate the former head of the travel office, Billy Dale, who was fired without notice and removed from the White House grounds. Dale was charged with embezzlement but found not guilty of the crime in 1995. He was later audited by the IRS.
5. Landing under sniper fire' in Bosnia: In her March 17, 2008, foreign-policy speech on Iraq, then-Sen. Hillary Clinton recalled a trip she made to Tuzla, Bosnia, in 1996. "I remember landing under sniper fire," Hillary said of her visit while she was first lady. "There was supposed to be some kind of a greeting ceremony at the airport, but instead we just ran with our heads down to get into the vehicles to get to our base." But news footage of her visit revealed her "sniper fire" claim wasn't just exaggerated. It was completely false. And Hillary had repeated the claim several times, including during her time on the presidential campaign trail in 2007. Rather, Hillary landed on a tarmac and greeted a crowd, including an 8-year-old child who gave her a poem, under no duress. According to the Washington Post, a review of more than 100 news articles revealed no security threats to Hillary at the time.
6. Hillary's ‘missing' law firm billing records: In 1994, federal investigators subpoenaed Hillary's billing records from her days as a partner in the Rose Law firm during the Watergate scandal. The White House said it didn't have the 115 pages of files. While Hillary claimed she had a minor role in the affair, the Washington Examiner reported that "when the records mysteriously turned up in the White House in 1996, they showed she met repeatedly with key figures in the scandal."
7. Pardongate: Hillary Senate contributions: Before Bill Clinton left the White House in 2001, he granted numerous controversial pardons – including to convicted tax evader Marc Rich, whose wife made significant contributions to Hillary's 2000 Senate campaign and the Clinton presidential library. The Associated Press reported that Rich had been "indicted by a U.S. federal grand jury on more than 50 counts of fraud, racketeering, trading with Iran during the U.S. Embassy hostage crisis and evading more than $48 million in income taxes – crimes that could have earned him more than 300 years in prison." Rich fled to Switzerland in 1983 after his indictment and remained on the FBI's Most Wanted List until President Clinton pardoned him. Also, Hillary's brothers, Tony and Hugh Rodham, reportedly received large amounts of money from people who were pardoned by Bill Clinton. Hillary said she and Bill were unaware of the scheme. Accuracy in Media reported, "Hugh Rodham, Hillary's brother, was taking money and promising access to help get pardons. Two such high profile cases were those of drug kingpin Carlos Vignali and convicted swindler Glenn Braswell. Rodham received hundreds of thousands of dollars from each, and they were both granted pardons. Rodham was quoted as telling a top White House aide that the pardon for Vignali was ‘very important' to Hillary."
8. Hillary's cash cows and 9,987 percent profit: In March 1994, it was revealed Hillary – with no previous experience – had made massive profits from cattle futures trading between 1978 and 1979, when Bill Clinton's salary as Arkansas attorney general had been modest. She reportedly made $99,537 in profit on a $1,000 investment (a 9,987 percent profit) in just nine months because of a highly placed connection at Tyson Foods, which was the largest employer in Arkansas and a big Clinton donor. The New York Times reported: "During Mr. Clinton's tenure as Governor, Tyson benefited from several state decisions, including favorable environmental rulings, $9 million in state loans, and the placement of company executives on important state boards. … The commodities trades were the most successful investment the Clintons ever made. The nearly $100,000 profit enabled them to buy a house, invest in securities and real estate and provide a nest egg for their daughter, Chelsea."
9. Clinton body count: ‘You find dead people' "The Clinton body count," first published in WND and later circulated by Linda Tripp to Monica Lewinsky, is a collection of names of people associated with Clinton administration scandals who have died mysterious and often violent deaths. Reporter David Bresnahan broke the story of the list during the summer of 1997 while researching his book, "Cover Up: The Art and Science of Political Deception." "I started looking into all the various deaths of people that were involved in various Clinton scandals," Bresnahan said. "I started to investigate the entire picture instead of just one focused event. Nobody out there was putting it all together," he said. "If you look at one scandal, you'll find one dead guy. When you investigate all Clinton scandals, you find similarities, you find common tactics, you find common actions and you find dead people." The list was not just a source of terror among sworn enemies of the administration. It was an even greater terror for those close to Clinton – for those closest, it appeared, died younger and more inexplicably than those on the outside looking in. In his research, Bresnahan came up with more than one list. "Not only did I find a list of dead people, but I also found that there are over 100 people who have refused to testify," he said at the time. "There is also a list of people who have gone to jail. There are 45 people who have gone to jail, some of them White House staff, Cabinet members as well as people from the Justice Department. So many of those (lists) developed when I started to pursue the big picture."
10. Watergate: Fired for being a ‘liar' Hillary actually played a role in the Watergate saga, and her actions as a young attorney may have set the tone for her career. The 27-year-old Clinton was fired from the staff of the House Judiciary committee investigating the Watergate scandal in 1974. She was fired by her supervisor, lifelong Democrat Jerry Zeifman, who called her a liar and much worse. "She was an unethical, dishonest lawyer," he said. "She conspired to violate the Constitution, the rules of the House, the rules of the committee and the rules of confidentiality." Zeifman also refused to give Clinton a letter of recommendation, making her one of only three employees he snubbed during his 17-year career.
Who knows maybe she will get indicted before the coronation and save the Democrats all this baggage. Then they could parachute in Biden and Warren to save the day. Or maybe they will nominate the man who is winning so many of their primaries and instead of a red queen go for a red king.
Believe it or not Bernie's their best chance and he's a Socialist. I know his useful idiots repeat the party line, "He's not a Socialist. He's a Democratic Socialist." This is like Hitler reassuring the Germans with, "I'm not a Fascist I'm a National Socialist." A statist is a statist, central planning is central planning, and collectivism is collectivism. To put it in terms the philosophical among Bernie's supporters might understand Capitalism is the thesis, Socialism is the anti-thesis, and Progressivism is the synthesis.
At least he would bring the enthusiasm for anything but the status quo to the support of the Democrat ticket. If they nominate anyone else a large percentage of that vote may well end up crossing over from the dark side and support Trump.
However, try as they may, the Democrats are on the wrong side of History in this election cycle. Their rule-by-decree culture of corruption coupled with the Neo-Conns and their nation-building wars for peace have brought us to the precipice. The political class ensconced in their gated communities and safe behind the beltway moat may not know it or they may not care, but the once secure middle-class in the rustbelt flyover country know it and Trump has managed to convincingly play the marshal for this parade. He has ridden the wave of discontent into the nomination and the phenomenon that is the Trump earthquake is about to cause a tsunami for the Democrats.
I just pray that everyone remembers that while a rising tide may lift all boats a crashing tidal wave submerges the whole coast and anything less than freedom isn't freedom.
Keep the faith. Keep the peace. We shall overcome.
Dr. Robert Owens teaches History, Political Science, and Religion. He is the Historian of the Future @ http://drrobertowens.com © 2016 Contact Dr. Owens email@example.com Follow Dr. Robert Owens on Facebook or Twitter @ Drrobertowens / Edited by Dr. Rosalie Owens